Friday, July 31, 2015

Everybody Talks

I wear a lot of shirts with the name of my company NoMessageHere!!! and I can see people's faces as they try and figure out what it says before I scurry by them. The other day my 9 year old niece finally figured it out and she told me: 

"Your shirt says No Message Here."

I said she was absolutely correct and then went right back to what I was doing. She sat there for a few moments and then she said what a lot of folks have thought but never mentioned in the 10 years or so that I have been wearing the shirts. She scrunched up her beautiful little face and she asked in a child's quiet squeaky voice:

"Isn't that a message?"

I told her that indeed it was and that next year I was going to run for the "King of Irony." She decided that it was best if she let it drop there and I got her a peanut butter cookie and milk. I don't know why but a peanut butter cookie and milk makes a lot of stuff right again, and that's enough message for me.