Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No Message Here










I enjoy collecting ephemera and oddities from the past. I am going to present some of these items with as much information about the item as possible, and with as little commentary as I can manage.




This is a bronze medal which was created to celebrate the California Bicentennial, which was in 1969. The front of the medal depicts the California Grizzly Bear and the back of the medal pictures the various people who were instrumental in creating California. They include: a padre, a miner, a farmer, a Native American, a frontiersman, and someone who looks like a lawyer carrying a subpoena, but is hopefully just a civil engineer carrying some plans. I love California history and I love being a native Californian. I hope you enjoy this stuff and find some value in it. Thanks for looking!!!